Kindergarten Enrollment

We look forward to becoming part of your child's educational future! Below you will find the information we need from you to enroll your new kindergartner! Hopkins elementary schools have full-day kindergarten.

All the enrollment materials for kindergarten are available in the 'Resources' section, from any of our elementary school offices, or at your child's Kindergarten Roundup session. During the summer — June 15 through August 15 — enrollment packets are available at our District Office, 1001 Highway 7, Hopkins.

Immersion Enrollment 
Hopkins Public Schools has two enrollment options that start in kindergarten - Chinese Immersion (XinXing Academy) and a newly added Spanish Immersion program. Both programs are housed at Eisenhower Elementary. If you are interested in immersion, you will need to fill out an application (located on the right under resources). The application deadline for XinXing and Spanish Immersion is January 15. Families will be notified in February about the status of their application.
Questions on Spanish Immersion? Contact Molly Wieland, District Immersion Coordinator, 952.988.4038.

To enroll your child in kindergarten, we need the following:

Proof of residence — Utility bill delivered within last 30 days; Original copy of current lease/rental agreement or purchase agreement for home
Student Enrollment Form
Student Health Information Form
Physical Examination — Physical examination is recommended
Immunizations — Please see the District's immunization information
Documentation of Early Childhood Screening — If screened in the Hopkins School District, the form will be sent directly to the elementary school. Please submit documentation if completed in a district other than Hopkins. If completed by a physician, please have the physician complete this form and submit it to your elementary school. To schedule a screening, go to Hopkins Screenings or call 952-988-5017.

Birth Certificate — Legal proof of your child's birth date is required at the time of registration. An original or notarized copy of your child's birth certificate will be photocopied and kept in their school file. An original passport will also be accepted. Information on how to obtain your child's birth certificate is in 'Resources' section.

Transportation Form — Needed only if student will not be picked up or dropped off at their home address.

Free/Reduced Lunch Form — Used for scholarships and lunches. Available in August through the nutrition department.

Enrollment forms can be turned in by:

  • Fax: 952-988-4113
  • Email:
  • Mail/Drop Off/In Person: 1001 Highway 7, Hopkins, MN 55305
  • In Person at any School 
  • Enroll Online HereONLY if you are a resident of the Hopkins School District.