Free Meals and Food Assistance

Apply for Meal Benefits by Jan. 4 and help our schools! Even though all students receive free meals this year, each eligible application helps provide important funds and resources to our schools. Learn more ...

Apply for free meal benefits for your scholars

Hopkins scholars receive free student meals this year, but we encourage parents and caregivers to still apply for free meal benefits — there are many benefits beyond meals!
Our schools receive important funding to pay for teacher and para positions and other school resources based on the number of eligible free meal applications we receive. Many families are surprised to learn that they qualify. View eligibility requirements here.
Please apply by Jan. 4, 2021 to help our schools and scholars!

How to apply

Only one application per household is needed. Your information is kept private and confidential.

You should know

  • If you are earning at or below current Income Eligibility Guidelines, we encourage you to contact us at 952-988-4060 or your school to fill out a school meal application.
  • If you are receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, your child automatically qualifies for free school meals. Please contact us at 952-988-4060 to determine if you need to fill out an application.
  • If you have questions about your Infinite Campus Parent Portal accounts, or are having trouble logging in, please contact the Hopkins Schools Help Desk, 952-988-4111. Support is available from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Click here to log in.
  • Applications for meal benefits can be submitted anytime during the school year and families may qualify for free  meals if the total household income is within eligibility guidelines, or if the child receives MFIP or food stamps. Children living in foster homes and students whose families have been temporarily displaced and are living with friends or relatives may also qualify.
  • If you are eligible for unemployment compensation, you might also be eligible for free or reduced price school meals.
  • You must apply for meal benefits every school year.
  • The form is quick and easy to complete and is available at all Hopkins Public Schools, at the District Office at 1001 Highway 7, or by download at the link below. All information is confidential. Have questions? You can contact our Student Account Manager at 952.988.5303.
  • These are also the forms you need to complete to apply for district scholarships for field trips and athletics.
  • Please click on the links below to download the forms to apply for free/reduced price meals. Applications in languages other that English are also available.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.



ICA - Your Local Food Shelf

In need of food assistance? Check into the ICA - Your Local Food Shelf.